Complete Reflexology offers clients with the choice of reflexology treatments on their feet, hands and ears from a private and relaxing treatment room in Earlsdon, Coventry. Sessions include a variety of techniques including Advanced Reflexology Techniques (ART), Vertical Reflex Therapy (VRT) , Synergistic and Meridian Reflexology which will be adapted for each client’s needs.
The first treatment involves a consultation about the clients health and well-being followed by an investigatory reflexology treatment, whereby all bodily systems are covered in order to identify the clients vitality and disturbances in the body’s electrical condutivity. Majority of clients commit to an initial course of four to six weekly treatments and begin to feel the therapeutic benefits and an increase in their vitality after two or three sessions.
Many clients then choose to continue having monthly reflexology treatments as part of their health and well-being regime. As Anthony J Porter states ‘Reflexology is not just a remedial therapy for the sick; most importantly it should form a very important part of preventative medicine in the same way as regular exercise, relaxation and good nutrition. It should be recognised as a positive, regenerative therapy for body, mind and soul.’ (A.R.T. The Practice and Philosophy of Advanced Reflexology Techniques, A J Porter 1996).
It is important to point out that there are some contraindications in reflexology whereby a reflexologist is unable to temporarily treat a client due to some conditions and circumstances. These include;
- severe cellulitis where it may be impossible to work the affected area
- contagious or notifiable disease where there is a risk of infection to the practitioner and cross-infection to other clients
- if the client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- if there are imminent medical tests particularly if they are hormone related as the results may be distored by the improvements gained from reflexology treatment
- thrombosis/Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) despite the fact that reflexology improves circulation, it must be conducted when the clients condition is stabilised.
However, it is important to point out that reflexology can easily be adapted and applied to other areas of the body if a client has a injury or condition.