After having a rewarding career in public sector management and leading on commissioning and strategic plans for children and young people, the time felt right to make some personal changes after the birth of my second son. I wanted to have a better work and life balance and possibly find my vocation!
I felt particularly drawn to healing and energy therapies and the wisdom behind reflexology from personal experience and interest. Even though it was so different to my career in children’s services, it felt right and I decided to take the leap and retrain as a Reflexologist.
- I trained at the Contemporary Reflexology College and qualified with a Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner reflexology, equivalent to a Foundation Degree or Diploma in Higher Education.
- I continue to attend courses as part of my professional development which fit with my practice and approach. However, I am continually learning from each of my clients and their individual responses to this amazing energy therapy.
- I am a member of Focused Reflexology (formally A.R.T.) and use the techniques in my treatments.
- I have attended a range of seminars over the last few years with Hagar Basis and Tony Porter, who pioneered and developed A.R.T. Tony assessed my A.R.T. registration exam.
- I am an authorised member of the Vertical Reflexology Technique (VRT) Network and was trained by the creator Lynne Booth to use VRT techniques.
Each therapeutic session responds to the clients emotional, physical and spiritual needs. Many of my clients have commented on my command of touch, empathy, intuitive sense and caring approach. I am constantly in awe of how this natural therapy can help the body to align itself with its own energy and ability to heal, given the right support, signals and touch.
Over the years as an energy therapist, I have learnt how important self care is for my emotional and physical wellbeing and to follow the advice I give to my clients. I believe that self care is what we do for ourselves and reminds us that we are important and need nurturing. I enjoy having regular reflexology treatments, massages, meditating, practising reiki, yoga, walking every day and making time to connect with nature. I also volunteer for the Canine Concern charity https://canineconcern.co.uk/with my beautiful dog. She has a lot of love to share and her visits help to enhance the wellbeing of residents and staff at a local mental health residential centre.